Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Attempt to communicate residents’ concerns about the news that we would not be able to access the waterfront this summer

 Communication with the BHVA Board of Directors


This is an email I sent to Connie Simmons because I am not sure how our Board of Directors want us to communicate with them.  I did not include the plea, I was just trying to find out how we can communicate with our elected Board of Directors.

========= Email =================

Connie, Bill Neidel here, 5543 Lakewood Trail.  I have a plea with 75

Bristol Harbour residents names, addresses and comments that I would

like to get to our Board of Directors.  What is the recommended means

of getting that information to them? Time is critical.  I have

attached the info to this email if it expedites the process. Thank

you.

==============================

Here is Connie’s response:


Bill:

I forwarded your email to the Board.

Connie


===============================

My reply to Connie:


Is that the preferred and/or the only way to get to the board?  Can I send an email directly to Pat King or Laura Halleran?

===============================

Here is Connie’s response:


Bill:

You can send things directly to Board Members or you can send to me and I can forward - whichever you prefer.

Connie


==============================

AND THEN I RECEIVED THIs FROM CONNIE:


Bill:

The Board would like you to submit the following notarized statement with the next petition.

Connie


Notary should state:


I, Bill Neidel, declare under oath that I have personally confirmed all signatures to be authentic and that they are signed by the person as hereby listed under name and address in this petition. I accept any liability for any and all expenses incurred by BHVA in pursuing any action of any sort legal or otherwise for fraud or misrepresentation in this petition application.   


===============================

Here is my response to that BS:


Connie, please get this reply to the board based on your reply to me.  Are you telling me that a communication to the board requires this level of crap. My previous email was a plea not a petition. I was just asking what the preferred method of communication was. It sounds like the board does not NOT want to hear anything from the community if it is not aligned with their thinking.   Here is the plea in case you can send it to the board without a notarized statement.  They need to trust that not everyone in the community agrees with what they are doing.


Plea to the Bristol Harbour Board of Directors to Work with The Fields and Attorneys to Open the Waterfront for the 2021 Season

 

We, the undersigned, are Bristol Harbour residents and are extremely upset to hear that access to the waterfront will not be available for the 2021 season. Our understanding is that Fields Enterprises Inc. is willing to work with the current BOD to resolve all issues on the table to move the elevator repair project forward and open up access to the beach and marina for the upcoming season. We encourage you, our Board of Directors and our attorneys to reach out to the Fields and their attorneys to begin working through the issues. We are running out of time and implore you to take the first step to getting this resolved.


=============================================================

Jacob Liebowtz on ND

Bill Neidel are you going to sign the statement attesting to the authenticity of the petition? 


Point of clarification, a list of signatures along with a demand submitted through official channels to our governing officers is a petition even if you call it a “plea” and use the word “implore” instead of “demand”.


Robert Wendorff on Nextdoor

Jacob..your being very gracious In your reply comment to Bill...I commend you for that ...I have never seen this document with the so called signed plea of 100 of my community members ....it would be nice to see it ...the  BOD request for legitimacy in this situation is well within their legal rights.


This is the response I put on Nextdoor

Gentleman, let me try to clear up what I was attempting to get answered.  There are at least 75 residents in good standing of Bristol Harbour who would like to voice their concerns about an issue critical to the welfare of the community, namely the use of the waterfront this summer.  I was trying to find out by contacting our property management company the best way these 75+ HOA dues paying residents could let their duly elected officials know they are not happy with the prospects of not having access to the waterfront.  Should each individual resident email one or all of the board?  I am really confused now.  Are notarized signed documents now required to communicate with the board? I am asking here how the 75+ residents should proceed.  I will also submit a QCC with the same question and hope to get an answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment